Assessing age or assessing need – a literature review of age assessment of unaccompanied asylum-seeking children. Bachelor thesis autumn 2010
Assessing age or assessing need – a literature review of age assessment of unaccompanied asylum-seeking children. Bachelor thesis autumn 2010 please read here
Location: The Nordic School of Public Health, Nya Varvet, Gothenburg, Lecture room: ISLAND
- Emad Al-Rozzi’s presentation: ”Care in Transition for Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children at Care Centers in Norway: Basic Reflections”.
- Maria Brendler –Lindqvist’s presentation: ”Assessing age or assessing needs –age assessment of unaccompanied refugee children in medical literature”.
- Sofie Haug Changezi’s presentaion: ”Unaccompanied refugee youth resettling: The challenges on entering Norwegian secondary school”.
- Heaven Crawley’s presentation ”When is a child not a child? Asylum, age disputes and the process of age assessment”.
- Ravi Kohli’s presentation: ”Safety, belonging and success in the lives of unaccompanied asylum seeking children”.
- Karoline B. Seglem’s presentation: ”Unaccompanied minors after resettlement: Reconstruction of social network and social support”.
- Marianne Vervliet’s presentation: ”Afghan unaccompanied refugee minors in Belgium. Expectations, agency and psychosocial wellbeing”.
- Charles Watters’ presentation: ”Unaccompanied Minors: International Challenges, Local Solutions”.
Program for the meeting, please read here new version November 29
Please read Anders Hjern’s presentation
Please read Kathrine Vitus
Please read Follow-up studies 2010 Edith Montgomery
Please read Cécile Rousseau’s notes from Copenhagen meeting
Notes from the meeting in Copenhagen on 3 -4 June 2010: Themes Follow-up studies
Migration and Public Health Anders Hjern
English translation of chapter from Swedish National Public Health Report 2009. Published by the National Board of Health and Welfare.
For a Swedish version: see http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/publikationer2009/2009-126-71 (chapter 13)